5/19/21 Blogs

  I had originally planned on going to breakfast again and getting to the studio at an early hour, but I ended up snoozing my alarm so that I got to the studio at about 9:30 (which was fine with my schedule). Again, today was all about the Umbrella Street painting because I am still pretty stressed about finishing in. Today’s work was similar to the previous day where I just slowly added more and more, but I am getting stressed and so far I have not been super proud of my work and am having trouble visualizing the end result. I also am a bit stressed about having to make a website when all I want to do is focus on this painting and make it as perfect as I can. My thought process has been that because I know that this painting will be on someone’s wall, I want it to be perfect. If it was just a piece of art that I created for me I would care a little less about whether it turned out perfect or not – but especially because it is going on the wall for someone I care about a lot, I want it to be perfect. Since I care so much about this piece, it is making the limited amount of time that much more stressful. Corby has confidence in me and my ability to finish all that I want to accomplish, I am just not quite that confident in myself yet, but hopefully I will get there soon. All in all I worked for about 3 hours today. I had wanted to work tonight during open studio but I ended up going to see Mamma Mia instead. I feel alright about how little I worked today because I know I have the opportunity to work a lot more tomorrow.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5/16/21 Week One Reflection

5/11/21 Blog

5/10/21 Blog